Why do subscribers opt-out?
- Visitors may not be aware of their subscription activity.
- Subscribers are overwhelmed with the organization's email marketing campaigns, that is why you need to set a schedule for your email sending frequency.
- Emails that subscribers receive may not be displayed properly or not be mobile responsive.
- Message content may be irrelevant from what the subscriber wants, therefore email list segmentation or sending customized emails are fundamental necessities.
- Too many promotional emails may distract receivers and create a perception of unvaluable content in email marketing efforts.
How to reduce email opt-out?
- Segment your mailing list in order to not send irrelevant content to irrelevant susbscribers.
- Allow your audience to set an email receiving frequency and enter their content preferences.
- Communicate with your customers through different channels so that they don't get bored of having different types of emails (promotional, newsletter, announcement etc.)
- Send emails regularly to create the expectation of receiving emails from you.
- Make your subscribers feel special by customizing your offerings, using friendly language, or calling them by their name.
- Encourage your audiences for engagement by sending dialog, feedback and quiz types of emails.
- Reengage with opting-out customers to ask them why they are leaving.
Opt-Out Related Terms
- Single Opt-In and Double Opt-In
- Email Marketing
- CAN-SPAM Act
- CASL (Canadian Anti-Spam Law)
- Lead Marketing