Drip marketing is a strategy mostly used by email marketers and is a constant flow of sending electronic marketing material for a certain time period. Drip marketing is also known as "Drip Campaign", "Lifecycle Emails", "Automated Email Campaign", "Marketing Automation", or "Auto-Response Campaign".
You may use other types of mediums (such as direct mail, social media, SMS etc.) to apply drip marketing.
The primary goal of an email drip marketing campaign is to attract the right subscribers who will be exposed the goods of the organization repeatedly and for a long time.
One way to build an email list and to obtain user engagement at the same time is launching a drip email campaign.
To constitute an effective email drip campaign, you need to determine things you want to automate;
One-off website visitors,
Don't tell anyone but the secret to generate an effective drip is to feed your insights by results in your existing drips and to customize them accordingly.
1. Top-of-Mind Drips Help keep your leads engaged with your company throughout the sales process.
2. Educational Drips Provide relevant product information to prospects to prepare them for purchase.
3. Reengagement Drips Are designed to win-back the interest of your colder leads.
4. Competitive Drips Targets your competitor's customers with explaining the benefits of switching to your product.
5. Promotional Drips Entice prospects with limited-run promotions and special pricing offers.
6. Training Drips Can be used for new clients or internally use to move readers through a training program.
Executing a drip campaign is a great way to maintain consistent growth and automate manual tasks which are time-consuming, delicate, and demanding.
1. Headspace welcomes new users with a playful drip email and a brief explanation about what they offer.
2. Box employs drip campaigns to teach people how to use their product.
3. Fairfield uses drip campaigns to confirm user reservations, and show off some of the hotel amenities.
4. Sark eMedia's 30-day Blogging Challenge aims to teach different ways of writing content for the challenger's blog while targeting a specified objective.
You may create your drip campaign and schedule when the emails will be sent automatically to the subscribers by using a marketing automation tool.
Suggested Marketing Automation Tools;