Have you ever tried getting phone numbers online? You’ll soon find it’s a real pain not knowing what to say, or how to get people to give up their number. But there is a way you can get 5x more phone numbers using prefill form popup forms that I’m about to share with you.
A prefill form popup will save your business a lot of time and money by capturing potential customers as they visit your website. In this recipe I will be going over how to implement it on a website, and the benefits that it can give you for your business!
Let’s start 😃
How Prefill Features Works?
With smart tags! Popupsmart uses smart tags to collect dynamic user information such as names,email addresses or locations. You can add smart tags in your popup’s form field names to prefill them with the data.
You can create prefill form fields with Popupsmart in 5 minutes! Let’s start:
Let’s assume you are working for a hotel and you want to collect people’s phone numbers by a simple popup that does not hurt user experience.
1. Create a Popupsmart account and set it up for your website.
2. Create a Popup Campaign : After registration, you will be directed to the Popupsmart dashboard. To create a new popup, click on "Create a New Popup."
3. After creating your popup based on your preferences, click on “Headline” on the “Customize” tab to add smart tags. We want to show our popup with the names prefilled.
4. We will add an tag to be able to provide our prospective customers a personalized experience!
5. All you have to do is add the tag on the field you prefer, and make other customizations, such as adding an image and changing the colors, etc. Then just click “Save & Publish”!
Take a look at the website URL below:
My website in our example is pirilswebsite.netlify.app/
I’d add a url parameter “Name” for my example and I wanted to show the popup to name Pırıl.
That’s why I use “?Name=Pırıl” in my URL for this example. Let’s see how our popup would look like:
So if I wanted to show the popup to John, my URL and popup would look like this:
If you use a CRM service such as Mailchmip, you can use “name” as a variable.
With this feature, you will be able to grow your leads more than you expected. For us, it’s a no-brainer: generating leads with prefill forms is worth the effort.
Getting leads when you have no relationship with a prospect is hard. Getting their phone number is harder! These personalized popups are perfect to help you get more phone numbers before they leave the website without any interaction with you.