Do you want to add popup windows on your WordPress site without any plugins?
You do not need any plugin because through this simple code, you can easily create a popup on your website in Wordpress.
WordPress plugins might be problematic in terms of the sustainability of your webpage additions and security of your website.
Furthermore, they have an adverse impact on website speed.
Therefore, why you would deal with a plugin when you can easily set your popup without any plugins?
You can freely have popups in your website with a single line of code by using Popupsmart, an easy to use popup builder.
How? Here is how and it only requires 5-minutes of efforts!
First, create your free account with popupsmart.
1. After you sign up, you'll land on your dashboard. Click "Create a New Popup"”
Do not forget to enter your campaign name and your website URL.
2. Then, you should select your business goal.
3. After you select your objective, select any layout you want. Customize your popup based on your wants and needs.
4. Select "Target" and determine targeting options on how your popup should appear such as "Visitor Behavior". You can decide when your popup will show up or which pages you need to show your popup.
5. Then, you'll need to connect your Wordpress website to your Popupsmart account.
In the "Publish" tab, you'll see that your site is not verified yet. Click "verify".
6. Copy the embed code provided on the screen. And Let's go to your Wordpress account. Go to the “Appearance” section of your WordPress account.
7. Click on “Theme Editor” below Appearance on the left navigation bar. Select "footer.php" and add your embed code before the < /body > tag. And update your file.
The placement of the code matters! You need to paste it to before closing the "body" tag.
8. Go back to your Popupsmart dashboard. And click "Next Step". You'll then click"Verify your site" button on the screen.
When you click that, it will direct you to your WP website. If you see the little modal pops up on the screen that says "Popupsmart installation verified." then it means you are good to go!
Now you can go back and "Save & Publish" your popup.
Enjoy your popup! 🚀
You know how to create a popup in WordPress without plugins and by using Popupsmart instead!
I hope this article is beneficial for you during your website design and helps you create new campaigns to increase your conversions. Happy marketing!
You may also like;