Do you ever wonder how to create a popup without using plugins in WordPress? If yes, then this bit of information is exactly what you are looking for!
WordPress plugins might be problematic in terms of the sustainability of your webpage additions and security of your website. Furthermore, they have an adverse impact on website speed. Therefore, we do not recommend that you use a WordPress plugin for attaining a simple popup service.
You can freely have popups in your website with a single line of code by using Popupsmart, an easy to use popup builder. How? Here is how and it only requires 5-minutes of efforts!
1. “Create a New Popup”
Do not forget to enter your campaign name and your website URL.
2. “Select Your Business Objective”: Grow Your Email List, Show Up Notifications, Get Cookie Consent, Increase Phone Calls, Promote Your Products, Collect Form Submission
3. Design your popup via Popupsmart's Smart Editor.
4. Determine display options on how your popup should appear.
5. "Integrate" your popup with MailChimp, Zapier or connect to a webhook.
6. “Save and Publish” your popup campaign
7. Copy the popup code for Wordpress to your clipboard.
Go to the “Appearance” section of your Word Press account.
Click on “Theme Editor” below Appearance on the left navigation bar.
Then, reach the “Theme Header” code page which is below “Theme Files” on the right side of the page.
Paste the popup code provided to your Word Press Theme Header code.
The placement of the code matters! You need to paste it to before closing the "head" tag.
That’s it. Now, you know how to create a popup in WordPress without plugins and by using Popupsmart instead.
I hope this article is beneficial for you during your website design and helps you create new campaigns to increase your conversions. Happy marketing!
You may also like;
Popupsmart Recipes to increase sales conversion on WordPress.