With URL targeting, you can target users visiting a specific webpage of yours with a popup.
Or, if you don't want to display a popup on the entire website, just add the URLs of the pages you want to include.
You can target pages that contain specific keywords or set specific keywords to match.
You can also add multiple keywords to make the targeting as precise as possible.
Now let's see how to set up URL targeting targeting step by step.
1. After logging into your Popupsmart account, create/edit a popup campaign. On the popup builder screen, navigate to the “Segment” section and click Change Segment.”
2. Click "Add audience targeting" under Audience. Then, click "Add" next to "URL Targeting".
3. Click "Target all the pages" if you target all the pages.
4. Or, click "Advanced Configurations" if you want to target specific URLs.
5. For configuring the settings, you can either choose to hide/show popups on URLs...
6. ...that contain or match a specific keyword by clicking advanced configurations. For example, you can choose to show your popup on your website’s homepage only by writing down its keyword.
7. Enter the keywords you want to include and click “Add”. You can enter multiple keywords following the same step.
8. You can check the campaign trigger on a specific URL from the dropdown menu below by entering the keyword and clicking “Check”.
9. When all is done, click “Save” and continue with “Publish” from the left-hand menu to see the Targeting Summary.
Now your URL Targeting setup on Popupsmart will seamlessly operate.
Use Case Idea: Imagine you run an ad for your online jewelry store on Google. You see that customers come to your website via the ad, but they don’t convert.
So after some customers visit your website through that ad, you decide to create a popup offering them a discount code or free gift to increase your conversion rate.
To make it more targeted, you set the popup to only appear for visitors whose URL contains the UTM parameters you created for the ad.
Now you can experience the magic of URL Targeting targeting feature of Popupsmart for yourself as this helps increase conversions and improve the customer experience.
Enjoy your sales!
Do you have further questions? Contact us.