New or Returning Visitor Targeting
Showing the same campaign to visitors who have already signed up or engaged with it disturbs the user experience.
Popupsmart’s New or Returning Visitors targeting helps you better segment your audience and maximize conversions.
By default, all campaigns are set to “All Visitors”. However, you can choose to display your campaign only to new or returning visitors.
You can either choose a Popupsmart ready-to-use template with ready-to-convert segmentation settings or follow the steps below for custom New or Returning visitor targeting.
1. After logging into your Popupsmart account, create/edit a popup campaign. On the popup builder screen, navigate to the “Segment” section and click “Edit Segment.” (If it’s a new campaign, click the two circular arrows to choose a predefined segment or create one from scratch in “My Segment.”)
2. Click on “Add audience targeting” under “Audience”. Then, click on “Add” next to “New or Returning Visitor”.
3. Select either "New" or "Returning". You can also enable both.
4. Click “Save” if all is done or continue with the “Publish” step from the left-hand panel to see the Targeting Summary.
Your campaign doesn’t show up on your website?
• Check if the campaign status is on.
• Use the “Debug” to detect issues and bugs to fix. It’s the bug icon on the “Publish” step. Note that it only works if you’ve saved and published your campaign.
Still stuck? Contact us via live chat at popupsmart.com or email us at [email protected].