If you want to gather all the attention on a product video or promote your recent video and increase views right from your website, video popups are just what you need.
Popupsmart has a video popup template that lets you display videos on autoplay or upon clicking the video play button. In addition, you can tweak its display settings and audience targeting to show your video to the right segment of visitors.
Here’s how you can create a video popup on your Popupsmart dashboard step by step:
Step 1: Log in to your Popupsmart dashboard and click on Create a new popup.
Step 2: Select Show Up Announcement as your campaign goal. This will open the announcement popup templates. However, you can always see other business goals’ templates after this step as well.
On the opening modal, give your campaign a name and select the domain/s you wish to show your video popup. Then, click Save & Close to proceed to the popup editor screen.
Step 3: Pick the video popup template on the Layouts section (Step 1). The video popup layout is available only under Show up Announcement business goal.
- If you haven’t selected the right goal from the start. Click on Business Goals and select Show up Announcement from the dropdown menu.
- Don’t forget to adjust the on-page positioning of your popup.
Step 4: Go to the Customize section (step 2) from the left horizontal bar. Click on Video to configure its settings.
Important: As you will see from the video source part, popup videos are only compatible with YouTube links.
To add your video on the popup, enter your video ID into the Video Id field. Mind that it’s not a complete video link.
- Switch on the Autoplay toggle to play your video automatically once the user lands on the page.
- Likewise, you can enable or disable video controllers with the Show Controllers toggle.
Step 5: (Optional) Your current popup is set for desktop devices by default. Go to the Target section > Visitor Device > Mobile > Save to activate it for mobile.
- You can see whether your popup is activated for mobile or not from the middle right side of your editor screen. The red spot next to the mobile icon means “deactivated,” while the green is for “activated.” Click the desktop or mobile icons to preview each.
Note that every change you make for the mobile applies to the desktop simultaneously. You may choose to create separate campaigns for mobile and desktop users.