As digital marketers, we have lots of workflows to get success depending on our goals. Would not it be hilarious to own an automation tool easing our job? Well, Zapier integration is designed to do the tasks according to your directions.
In this context, you will obtain the basic definitions (Zapier terminology), the benefits of Zapier app, the steps to how you can create an efficient zap, three zap examples that work, and the cost of using Zapier.
If you are ready, let’s begin our journey into the most preferred workflow automation application.
Table of Contents
- What is Zapier Integration?
- What are the Benefits of Zapier?
- How to Create a Zap?
- 3 Zap Examples for Digital Marketers That Actually Work
- Pricing of Zapier
What is Zapier Integration?
Zapier is a web automation app allowing you to connect apps, to assign those apps some tasks, and to automate the necessary action. The main aim of Zapier is to enable its customers to save time in their digital efforts.
Zapier has more than 1500 integrated apps and can connect any of those. You can match and mix triggers and actions to ease your job in digital. Furthermore, because zaps are simple-to-make, you don’t have to be educated or experienced for creating a zap.
Zap is a guide for Action to complete a task in one app when Trigger occurs in another. More basically, a zap thinks like that;
“When I get a new thing in A app (Trigger), I apply this other thing to B (Action).”
Moreover, a multi-step zap is a zap created with one trigger and multiple actions. Automating the entire process of your digital jobs with multi-step zaps enables you to apply an advanced strategy.
What are the Benefits of Zapier?
Zapier checks your trigger for new data every few minutes. Therefore it does not miss any current actions to perform. There are plenty of reasons why you need Zapier to save time by automating your digital workflow. Zapier;
- Connects to more business apps than any of its competitors,
- Lays more triggers and actions opportunities,
- Has app-based customization options,
- Enables consistency because it does not forget to perform a regular task,
- Offers multi-step zaps allowing you to identify an advanced digital strategy,
- Has lots of available sources for you to learn how to use Zapier (video training courses, blog posts, and product news/updates)
- Is easy to create a zap, you don’t have to be an expert to make the automation.
How to Create a Zap?
Here, every single step to make an efficient zap is presented. By following those steps, you will create your first zap and fall in love with the capabilities of Zapier.
1. Click on “Make a Zap” button in the top right-hand corner.
2. Choose a trigger app that tells the action app to run,
3. Choose a trigger from the selected app options,
4. Connect your account in the trigger app (You will be asked to give some permissions, accept them; because Zapier is a very reliable website!)
5. Test the account to see whether it works properly or not,
6. Fill “Edit Options” carefully,
7. Before you continue, pull in some samples to test if there is a problem so far.
8. Click on “Add an Action Step” and select the action app that will do the rest,
9. Choose an action from the selected app,
10. Connect your account in the action app, (You will be asked to give some permissions, but Zapier is a very reliable app!)
11. Test the account to see whether it works properly or not,
12. Fill the Set-Up Template carefully because you will have to fill some boxes or select one from the suggested options,
13. Before finish creating your zap, test it to confirm not having any troubles. If the test is successful, you can run your zap by turning the toggle on.
Now it is time for you to lean back and enjoy your free time!
3 Zap Examples for Digital Marketers That Actually Work
Zapier is easy to use as mentioned above, but it also requires creativity in mixing the related apps. Here, I have shared some of the zaps that Popupsmart is currently practicing in their digital marketing workflows. You may inspire or directly apply those zaps in your own business.
Zap 1. “YouTube to WordPress and Pinterest”
Zap 2. “Feedly to Ghost”
Zap 3. “Pinterest to Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook, Instapaper”
Pricing of Zapier
Zapier has different redemption plans to suit anyone. It basically divides the target customers into two: individuals and businesses.
1. For Individuals & Professionals
Free Plan: Create 5 zaps. These zaps may 2-step zaps at most.
Starter Plan: Generate 20 zaps. These zaps can multi-step zaps. Premium apps requiring a paid-plan are available. It costs $18.33 if paid annually or $20 for month-to-month payments.
Professional Plan: Have 50 zaps. These zaps can multi-step zaps, and it also enables conditional logic, which is the if/then logic letting your zap taking different actions based on conditions chosen. Premium apps requiring a paid-plan are available. Zapier checks for new information from your apps every 5 minutes instead of every 15 minutes. It costs $45.83 if paid annually or $50 for month-to-month payments.
Professional Plus Plan: Make 75 zaps. These zaps can multi-step zaps, and it also enables conditional logic, which is the if/then logic letting your zap taking different actions based on conditions chosen. Premium apps requiring a paid-plan are available. Zapier checks for new information from your apps every 5 minutes instead of every 15 minutes. It costs $68.75 if paid annually or $75 for month-to-month payments.
2. For Teams & Companies
This plan permits 75 zaps. These zaps can multi-step zaps, and it also offers conditional logic, which is the if/then logic letting your zap taking different actions based on conditions chosen. Premium apps requiring a paid-plan are available. Zapier checks for new information from your apps every 5 minutes instead of every 15 minutes.
The plan enables unlimited member collaboration within a workflow. You can create shared folders and give access to your teams. You may also specify the team members permitted to edit or share a zap.
It costs $114.58 if paid annually or $125 for month-to-month payments.
If none of the plans work for you, Zapier would be happy to offer you a customized solution.
I hope this article would have been contributive to your Zapier integration knowledge. If you have any questions or suggestions to add, please do not hesitate to contact me via comments. Thank you for your time!